A Guide to Malaysia Mortgage Loan Financing Options
We would like to address a commonly asked question by our clients on whether it is possible to obtain a mortgage loan for their Malaysia property purchases.
For our appointed agency developments, Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia (SCBM) is our go-to bank to refer our clients to. We are pleased to share that the majority of our clients who require a mortgage have successfully obtained loans from SCBM.
Your source of income, age and whether you have existing loans in Malaysia will affect whether a bank grants you a loan
Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia offers mortgage loans to foreigners
Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia offers flexi mortgage loans with a loan tenure up to 35 years (maximum age of 70 years) to non-Malaysians for their purchase of both off-plan and completed properties in Malaysia.
- For normal customers: the typical mortgage loan amount obtainable is between 50-60% at a floating interest rate of 3.55%
- For Standard Chartered Priority customers: the typical mortgage loan amount obtainable is 70% at a floating interest rate of 3.3%
Should a foreigner be married to a Malaysian citizen in which the Malaysian spouse is the main income earner, Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia can offer up to 90% mortgage loan.
*subject to bank approval – updated information as of 15 September 2020
What supporting documents do you need to apply for the mortgage loan?
- Sale & Purchase Agreement OR booking form
- Passport photocopy
- Your latest 3 months’ salary slip
- Your latest 3 months; bank statement showing salary credited
- Your latest Inland Revenue tax payment receipt
- Address proof
If you plan on obtaining a mortgage for your property purchase, we highly recommend that you obtain a pre-approved home loan application in order to have an idea of the mortgage loan amount and the terms of your loan.
Learn more about our exclusive developments
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
YOO8 Serviced by Kempinski
at 8 Conlay
Fully furnished Kuala Lumpur City Centre branded residences with 5-star service by Kempinski Hotels.
A mixed-use development located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur City Centre, Malaysia’s most sought-after neighbourhood.